Get a detailed procedure here on how to reset or change any windows PC/Computer password or crack forgotten windows logins password.
Resetting the Windows password becomes essential when you got locked out of your computer. Or you found yourselves in a situation whereby you need to help a friend family or loved ones, who forgot their Windows computer password.
There is a lot of reason why you may want to change your windows PC password or reset your Windows password.
Maybe you’ve forgotten it, or your system got compromised. It’s quite easy to do if you have a bootable disk like PCUnlocker.
Well, there are many software out there that claim they could CRACK any FORGOTTEN WINDOWS PASSWORD, but many of them are bullshit.
Many of these tools will not be able to reset your windows login password. They will only consume your time and still won’t solve your problem
However, the HowTechWork team has provided a great tutorial here for you, which will walk you through the process of making a Live CD using PCUnlocker.
And also boot your PC from CD to reset forgotten Windows 10/8/7 password easily.
Why using Pcunlocker to reset windows password
PCUnlocker is simple and easy to use even for a first time user yet sturdy enough for experienced experts as well.
It can reset your windows login password, and after resetting it, it gives you the chance to change the windows PC password.
Below is a few reasons why Howtechwork chooses the Pcunlocker among other password cracking programs to crack your forgotten windows password.
- 100% password recovery rate.
- It can Reset local Administrator and other account passwords.
- Reset forgotten Windows passwords for any active Directory accounts.
- Change windows PC password or reset domain administrator passwords on Windows AD (Active Directory) Server.
- Enable and unlock Windows account that is disabled, locked out or expired.
- Promote any standard / limited user account to the administrator.
- Pcunlocker can bypass Windows user passwords without overwriting your old password.
- Crack forgotten windows password with a bootable CD, DVD or USB flash drive.
- Support password reset for Windows 10 / 8 local account and Microsoft account.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8 computers with UEFI Secure Boot, including Microsoft Surface Pro.
- Support Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
- Remove logon time restrictions on a local account and Active Directory account.
- Reset Windows login password and disable “Force Smart Card Login”.
- It has a simple and intuitive graphic interface.
- FREE technical support.
- Pcunlocker Support FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 file systems.
- Support RAID/SATA/IDE/ SCSI/SAS hard drives, and virtual hard disk (*.vhd, *.vhdx, *.iso). and many more.
Even if you haven’t forgotten your Windows password now, it is better to make a bootable PCUnlocker CD now. So that it can be of use in emergency cases.
NOTE: PCUnlocker has three different versions available for download –Standard -Pro and -Enterprise.
How to Make Bootable PCUnlocker CD
Next, you will now extract the contents of the ZIP file to any folder on your hard drive, preferably your desktop.
Then, Open the extracted folder, and you’ll see an ISO file called “pcunlocker.iso” which is the file that you need to burn to a CD (or USB).
But in this how to reset your computer password tutorial, I will be using ISO2DISK as an example.
Insert a blank CD into the working pc CD-ROM, then double click on the ISO2Disc icon to launch it.
Then navigate to the ISO file in the zip files which you extracted earlier. (PCUNLOCKER.ISO).
Select the “Burn to CD/DVD” option and click on Start Burn.
After the process has been completed, this will create a bootable PCUnlocker CD for you.
NB: If you don’t have a blank CD to use, you can make use of a USB drive instead.
Booting Your PC from CD (to reset windows password)
Now that we have a bootable PCUnlocker CD. Insert it into the computer whose password you want to reset.
Immediately you press the power button; you will now press a system defined key (such as F12, ESC, DEL, F2) to access BIOS.
The key you are to press to display the BIOS option varies from one pc manufacturer to the other. So you may need to find out how to boot your specific pc model to bios.
Once you’ve successfully found yourself in the bios, go to the BOOT menu and set CD/DVD as the first boot option.
Now that you’ve changed the boot priority Save the BIOS settings by pressing F10 and restart your PC. Your pc should now boot into PCUnlocker CD.
Reset Forgotten Windows Password
Now that you have successfully booted into the Pcunlocer bootable CD.
PCUnlocker will search for the Windows operating systems that you’ve on your hard disk/hard drive.
And it will display all the user account that has been created using the various operating system.
Then select the user accounts whose password you want to reset in the list of display accounts.
Then click on the Reset Password button to proceed.
Once you clicked on the reset password button. A dialogue windows box will pop up, asking you to Change the Password.
You may choose to enter a new password which you will now be used to log into the account or leave it blank to remove the password.
Whichever option you choose, once you click OK, your Windows computer password will be reset immediately.
Now Reboot your computer and reverse the changes you made to BIOS, by booting into bios again and changing the boot order or boot priority to the internal hard drive.
You can now log in to Windows with the new password or without any password in case you leave it blank.